Diploma in Early Learning and Childcare (Level 3)
This program is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of Child Care and who are seeking to work in the sectors of child minding, Nanning, babysitting and related occupations.
The course is appropriate for those who wish to pursue a career in a variety of Education/Care working with children aged 0-16. This course is available to anyone wanting to become a Registered Nursery – Children’s carer. You may not have completed any nursing course before, or you may already be a qualified nurse on another part of the professional register.
There are 16 mandatory units
Each unit is designed to reflect the skills and knowledge that is required to work with children. This includes:
- Positive relationships
- Keeping children safe
- Development of 0-16
- Developing own practice
Play and learning
Course Duration 2 years
Basic Literacy and Numeracy skills are desirable however additional support may be offered to support students. Learners are required to be either employed or working on a voluntary basis for 24 hours a week. It is essential that the student is in placement prior to starting the course.
How will I be assessed
- A minimum of 8 hours a week must be spent in a childcare setting
- Students will produce a portfolio of evidence for assessment
- There hours underpinning knowledge in College per week for a year
- Completing all 16 units you will receive certification
Following successful completion of the award there is progression onto the following:
- Level 4 Children’s Care Learning & Development
- Diploma in Childcare and Education
- BTEC National Diploma in Early Years